The COVID 19 pandemic has made it difficult to work at offices. In fact, the COVID 19 pandemic has made it difficult to go anywhere other than one’s house. The high transmission rate is alarming and people are fearing infection due to public contact. As a result, governments across the world have ordered a complete lock down or curfews or mandatory home quarantine to prevent the increased rate of transmission and to ensure the safety of its citizens. But due to the COVID 19 pandemic and the government’s counter measures to it, people are now unemployed and low on financial reserves.
After managing to curb the COVID 19 pandemic in a gradual manner, governments across the world have begun to gently lift the lockdown in a series of stages. As a result, people are now slowly returning back to their workplaces. But this has done little to reassure the people as employees are still concerned about the virus transmission. So how can workplaces be made secure such that virus transmission can be prevented and employees can be reassured that their workplaces are safe? The answer is ‘Screen Guards’.
About Screen Guards
Screen guards or protection guards or sneeze guards are see-through/transparent barriers that help to protect the person within them. The screen guards are made of either plastic, acrylic, plexiglass or tempered glass. They form a protective barrier that surrounds the person within it and keeps the person safe from external virus transmission.
It has been commonly employed in banks and other government offices. But nowadays it is being installed at offices and restaurants in response to the COVID 19 pandemic. So, the screen guards serve a variety of purposes and are available in a variety of different models. It is necessary to use screen guards when you have to step out for work or other things.
Types of Screen Guards
Screen guards differ with regard to the material that makes them up and the surfaces that they are placed or attached to. With regard to material, screen guards are made of either acrylic, plastic, tempered glass or plexiglass. But the most efficient material is plexiglass; plexiglass is relatively stronger and scratch-proof. It requires lesser maintenance but it is a bit more expensive.
With regard to their mode of installment, the types of screen guards are:
- Suspended protection screen guard – It is suspended from the ceiling.
- Floor standing screen guard – It is more grounded to the floor and can be moved.
- Counter protection screen guard – It is securely fastened to the desk or counter, making it immovable.
How do screen guards make the office safer?
Screen guards make the office place much safer by:
- Preventing transmission of virus
- Protecting the person within the barrier
- Protecting people outside the barrier from the person inside one
- Promoting hygiene and social distancing
- Providing more privacy
- Compartmentalizing one’s personal work space
But other than these general functions, the various types of screen guards have their own advantages:
- Suspended protection screen guard occupies less space and adds to the aesthetic appeal of the workplace.
- Floor standing screen guards are movable and can be arranged to accommodate one’s degrees of comfort or body size.
- Counter protection screen guards are more economical.
Screen guards are a safer choice and also economical as well. It is available in all sizes and perfect for everyday use. It is best to use screen guards in offices to stay safe from germs and infection.